How to Recognize and Treat Fungus
Available for purchase in our office is an easy to apply fungicide. $24.99 and it treats up to 2500 square feet. Use code HANNA for $5 off your purchase of $50 or more. Click here to purchase!
How do you know you have a fungus? (See pictures below)
- Yellowing of grass leaves (blades), sometimes in a circular pattern. (See photo below)
- Thinning of grass.
- When dealing with Gray Leaf Spot Fungus, you will see brown lesions on grass leaves (blades). (See photo below)
- Grass looks brown/dead.
- Grass will still have an attached root in the soil.
How do you treat a fungus?
- DO NOT fertilize. Fertilizing will feed the fungus.
- DO NOT water late in the afternoon/evening. Make sure the blades of grass have time to dry before it gets dark outside.
- DO apply fungicide to dry grass. Fungicide is available for purchase online and in our office. It typically takes 2 applications.
- DO spray down your mower with bleach water. It will help prevent it from spreading.
- DO spray your entire yard. Spray what is affected and what is not. It will help prevent it from spreading.
- DO regularly water and fertilize your yard throughout the year. This helps keep turf grass strong and not stressed.
Gray Leaf Spot
(image courtesy of the San Antonio Express News)